Multnomah Days 2014
August 16th • 9am-4pm
Multnomah Days KIDS ZONE features family fun with awesome activities for all ages. Seek adventure with the exciting challenge of the rock climbing wall-climber requirements (please note closed toed shoes are required to climb). Get your groove on over at the Main Stage featuring performing artists from a variety of genres. Let your creative juices flow with MAC’s printmaking exploration and community robot building project while waving original ribbon wands with Little Artists Preschool. Craft with SW Community Center. Come capture your image at the PDX Kids Calendar photo booth. Score a goal with Soccer Shots. Investigate an F6-A bomb disposal robot, Mounted Patrol Unit, and patrol car. Practice your Spanish with Portland Early Learning Project. Move your body as you hoop and juggle with Do Jump. Play theatre games with NW Children Theatre and School. Just Between Friends will provide a clean and quiet space to change your baby (diapers included) and a space to sit awhile if you just need a break. A face painter will be present to fancify your look. Get your play on in ‘The Zone’!
Come and play in the Kids Zone and find all kinds of great fun and happenings – Produced by the Multnomah Arts Center and PDX Kids Calendar.
- Let your creative juices flow with MAC’s printmaking exploration in the Ray Trayle Print Studio NOON to 3PM (more info) and community robot building project while waving original ribbon wands with Little Artists Preschool.
Ray Trayle Print Studio NOON to 3PM
To explore printmaking and see our beautiful new studio! Come join us for a print play date! Grown ups and youth are welcome for a family friendly printmaking and studio tour. Meet Marcy Baker and Nicole Rawlins, printmakers and instructors in MAC’s vibrant printmaking program.
- Seek adventure with the exciting challenge of the rock climbing wall (please note closed toed shoes are required to climb). -climber requirements
- Craft with SW Community Center.
- Portland Police Bureau- Portland Police Bureau- Check out an F6-A bomb disposal robot, Mounted Patrol Unit, patrol car exploration, eat free ice cream and more.
- Fun circus arts activities with Do Jump School including hula hoops, juggling, balancing and more!
- Join the Northwest Children’s Theater and School (NWCT) teacher and performer Jenny Bunce for fun theater games! Get a glimpse of what it’s like at an NWCT Introduction to Acting class. If you’ve never played a theater game before, now is your chance – no theater experience required!
- Come and play with Portland Early Learning Project for free face-painting and fun Spanish language crafts & activities!
- Soccer Shots coaches playing silly soccer games and giving out prizes. This is a great opportunity to get a taste of their program, which operates at preschools, day cares, elementary schools, parks, churches and community centers all over the greater Portland area, including Vancouver. Come out, meet their coaches, play soccer, and ask them any question you may have about their program.
- Just Between Friends will be hosting a baby changing station in the Kids Zone. There will be extra diapers, a clean and quiet space to change your baby, and a space to sit awhile if you just need a break.
- Be sure to stop by the PDX Kids Calendar booth for a free photo opportunity and pick up your 2014 Metro Parent – PDX Kids Calendar reusable shopping bag. Generously sponsored by Academy Theater, Bob’s Red Mill, Catlin Gabel School, Northwest Children’s Theater & School, Oregon’s Children Theatre and Whole Foods Market. Inside you will find great information, coupons and more from the follow local organizations: Academy Theater, Bob’s Red Mill, Camp Namanu/Campfire, Catlin Gabel, Just Between Friends Resale, Kids at Heart, Laughing Planet, Learning Palace, Mamalates, Mobile Minds Tutoring, New Seasons, North Portland Orthodontics, Northwest Children’s Theater and School, Old Spaghetti Factory, Oregon Children’s Theatre, Pizazz Sweets, Sellwood Medical Clinic, Spark Arts Center and World Forestry Center.
- Entertainment on the Main Stage:
- 11 – 11:45am: “TrashMan and the Noise Band” is a Portlandian puppet rock band, comprised of trash puppets (puppets made literally of trash) and TrashMan, a front man who plays handmade instruments made of re-used items. They’re a bit silly, and Drummer BagMan has been getting a bit unpredictable lately, but they are embarking on their first ever tour! Audience members are encouraged to join in and rock out with the infamous TrashMan and the Noise Band!
- 12:30-1pm Mr. Hoo Mr. Hoo (one half of The Alphabeticians) plays fun music for kids and their grown-ups. He plays guitar, some ukulele and his crazy kazoo-like contraption, the wazoo! It’s a mix of traditional and original songs that will get the whole family involved.
For more information about the KIDS ZONE here at MAC,
please e-mail Aimé Kelly.
Ceramics \\\ Textiles \\\ Jewelry \\\ Prints \\\ Paintings \\\ Stationery \\\ & More
Featuring the work of over fifty artists and the support of MACA’s volunteers. Art sales support MAC’s mission to promote arts education on a community level. Come out and find a unique hand made gift that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Multnomah Days Arts & Crafts Sale is held on MAC’s front lawn from 9am-4pm. Instructors and MAC students may sign up to participate starting on July 16. Space is limited so mark your calendars now.