The Multnomah Arts Center’s music program offers ensemble classes for voice, marimba, and percussion. We offer individual music lessons for youth and adults in drums & percussion, clarinet, flute, oboe, saxophone, banjo, guitar, jazz guitar, acoustic & electric bass, piano, voice, violin, cello, and mandolin.
Private Lesson Registration Process
1. Complete the summer Pre-Registration form. This registration covers Summer Term only. Pre-registration officially begins on April 16. Returning students deadline for priority scheduling is April 29. One form per student, please. Applications accepted for summer lessons through mid-July.
2. When indicating your day/time availability, keep the following information in mind:
- The more availability listed increases the chances of being placed.
- Please provide all information requested on the form.
- Incomplete forms or those missing a signature will be returned.
- Questions before submitting? Call the MAC office at 503-823-2787 or email Patrick Browne, Performing Arts Lead.
3. Completed forms can be turned in at MAC’s front office or emailed.
4. Wait patiently for a call from the office confirming a lesson time. This will occur about two weeks before lessons begin.
5. Pay tuition at the time of confirmation. Half-hour private lessons are $27/lesson. Once tuition is paid, the student is officially registered!
Summer is Different
MAC understands that during the summer, families are away for vacation and that children participate in camps of activities. To accommodate this, we offer flexible lesson scheduling in Summer Term to ensure that students receive as many lessons as possible. Please indicate on you application any weeks you or your child are available. It is helpful if you call in any changes to your schedule that come up after the application form is submitted. Once assigned, summer lesson times and instructor placements are only valid for Summer Term (June 18 – August 26).
Important Information for 2018 – 2019 School Year
School year programs and Private Lesson Pre-Registration for the school year begin in August. Lessons are NOT automatically carried over from summer or spring—everyone must re-apply to continue.
Amy Jo McCarville, Performing Arts Coordinator
Patrick Browne, Performing Arts Lead