Multnomah Arts Center, a program of Portland Parks & Recreation, seeks work from our community that gives pause and invites beauty. A panel of writers will choose pieces to feature in the poetry post for up to a month. Selected work may also be shared on MAC’s website and Facebook page if permitted by the writer.
MAC’s poetry post has been lauded by Kim Stafford as “just exactly what it is, the most beautiful poetry post in Portland,” and was built and designed by five local artists. The post receives a lot of love, with nearly 200 poems taken each month.
We recognize, understand, and encourage celebration of the differences that surround us. Diversity and equity are vital to Portland Parks & Recreation’s ideals and values.
• Send up to two typed works. (Word attachments preferred.)
• Each piece should be no longer than one single-spaced page.
• Non-English poetry with translation welcome.
• Content should be appropriate for people of all ages.
• Also include a short author bio, email address, and phone number in a document separate from your writing. (Jurors will not be provided identifying information.)
• Email your work or queries to Sarah.Brenner@portlandoregon.gov.
• Writers will be notified of submission decisions by December 1st.