Announcing a Call to Writers for 2017
MAC, a program of Portland Parks & Recreation, seeks work from our community that gives pause and invites beauty. A panel of writers will choose pieces to feature in the poetry post for up to a month. Selected work may also be shared on MAC’s website and Facebook page, with the writer’s permission.
MAC’s poetry post has been lauded by Kim Stafford as “just exactly what it is, the most beautiful poetry post in Portland,” and was built and designed by five local artists. The post receives a lot of love, with nearly 200 poems taken each month.
- Send up to two typed works (please use Word attachments).
- Each piece should be no longer than one single-spaced page.
- Content should be appropriate for people of all ages.
- Also include a short author bio, email address and phone number in a document separate from your writing (jurors will not be privy to identifying information).
- Send your work or queries via email to Sarah.Brenner@portlandoregon.gov.
- Submissions must be received by October 1st, 2016, for consideration by our panel.
- Writers will be notified of submission decisions by December 1st.